Having a sick pet at home can be very stressful for their owners, as one spends all their time searching for the medicines and treatments for them. There are several treatments and medicines available, but it is not necessary that they will be effective on all kinds of dogs. Also, these medicines usually have a lot of side effects too which can lead to reduced functionality in a dog.
But in recent times, there is one medicine that is doing rounds in the pet world and that is CBD. There are several benefits of cbd tincture for dogs, especially it helps in promoting homeostasis which is important for balancing temperature and gives a therapeutic effect.
What is CBD?
Before understanding all the benefits of the best CBD treats for dogs, let's know what CBD is.
- CBD is cannabidiol and is extracted from the cannabis plant.
- The species of cannabis plant that is used to extract CBD is hemp.
- There are several cannabinoids that can be extracted from the cannabis plant and this is one of them.
- Cannabidiol will not get pet high.
- Lower amounts of THC.
- It is non-psychoactive in nature.
- It has no known toxicity level, which means no overdose.
How does CBD help?
Every mammal has an endocannabinoid system that handles various processes like immunity, sleep cycle, memory, and other functions of the body.
Dogs also have the same endocannabinoid system which can interact with endocannabinoids which are released by the brain. But to supplement this supply of endocannabinoid from the brain, one can introduce it externally. This is why it is effective in dogs too, and one can use CBD oil for dogs without any side effects.