Many people are not aware of the process of how to set up a window air conditioner, so they are just forced to let their homes and offices swelter during summers. Window air conditioners are the best appliance to beat the heat during summers due to their simple installation and less maintenance. I mean, you can perform the yearly service of your window air conditioner on your own, provided you have one more individual to give a hand in removing the appliance from the window and then, installing it back. If you want to know how to set up a window air conditioner, then just keep reading the post to know about it from beginning to end.
- While installing a window air conditioner, make sure there is ample light in the room.
- Have everything ready and laid out before unpacking the window air conditioner. If you also need help in buying a window air conditioner, then you can check out consumer reports reviews of best window air conditioners.
- Open up the window as wide as it can go to give yourself some extra room to work. Take the help of another person in your family to push down the top sash whenever required.
- Place the air conditioner in the right way. The front side of the unit should be inside the room and the hanging parts and vents should be outside.
- There will be ridges around the perimeter of the air conditioner to show you where the air conditioner should line up with the window.
- Now, slide open the side panels followed by lowering the top sash carefully.
The frame needs to be tight against it to brace it and prevent it from falling. Place a foam around all the cracks to reduce the noise level. That sums up the setup process of a window air conditioner.